I live and write in Grosse Pointe, Michigan and I like to explore the different ways that humans – and sometimes animals and insects – live and work together.
I especially enjoy creating characters who make their dreams come true through ingenuity, grit, and determination. Readers of my debut novel, Queen Bee, will be delighted to learn that it is the first in a trilogy that will follow the adventures of Manuka, a determined young honeybee, and her friends.
Sometimes people ask me about my influences. Like any writer, I’ve been influenced by everything I’ve read from the time I was a small child up until the present. However, for Queen Bee, I was influenced by a few key works:
- Watership Down – Richard Adams (1972)
- The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien (1965)
- The Last Unicorn – Peter S. Beagle (1937)
- Wind and the Willows – Kenneth Grahame (1908)
- Fantastic Mr. Fox – Roald Dahl (1970)